KANA Virtual Fall Meeting Agenda
Time, Speakers, Topic, Objectives
7:00 - 8:00 AM - Randall Moore, DNP, MBA, CRNA, Chief Executive Officer of the AANA
What Keeps the CEO of the AANA Up At Night?
1. Understand the role of the CEO and how I interface with members, AANA staff, and the Board of Directors.
2. Understand the strategic and operational objectives of the AANA.
3. Understand potential threats and opportunities to the AANA and the profession of nurse anesthesia and what the BOD and
staff are doing to position the Association for success.
8:00 - 9:00 AM -Michael Anderson, DNP, CRNA, ARNP, AANA Region 4 Director
Region 4 Update
1. The learner will be able to describe trends in the AANA membership demographics , education, employment and public relations
2. The learner will be able to discuss current nurse anesthesia legislative initiatives and strategies, as well as issues affecting practice.
3. The learner will be able to discuss initiatives regarding CRNA wellness , PAC and research.
9:00 - 10:00 AM - Michael Anderson, DNP, CRNA, ARNP, AANA Region 4 Director
COVID Infection Prevention
1. Discuss the importance of infection control
2. Describe the evolution of regulation and science of infection control in the last decade
3. Present infection control guidelines and recommendations from the AANA Infection Control Guide for Certified Registered
4. Understand some of the anesthesia infection control implications at your facility
5. Recognize the Infection control implications of COVID-19
10:00- 10:15 AM - BREAK
10:15-11:15 AM - Gary Harker
The Keys to Locking Out Lawsuits for Healthcare Professionals
1. Maintain the focus of their practice on improved patient care rather than malpractice defense.
2. Structure their practices for lawsuit protection and prevention, improving overall operations management of the practice.
3. Protect practice and professional assets from lawsuits through applied risk management techniques.
4. Understand basic practice management tools that can help decrease unnecessary loss of revenue.
11:15-12:15 PM-KANA Fall Annual Business Meeting
12:15 - 12:45 PM - LUNCH
12:45 - 1:45 PM- Larry Finley, DNP, CRNA, KANA President
KANA President Update
Upon the completion of this session, the learner will be able to discuss the current KS state legislative issues that may affect
1:45 - 2:45 PM - LTC Peter Strube, DNAP, CRNA, APNP, ARNP Director, Region 3
Forensics of Anesthesia
1. The listener will be able to list and identify common pharmaceutical controlled substances errors that are occurring.
2. The listener will be able to list and identify various techniques and options for investigating evidence to determine how
controlled substances are used during anesthesia care.
2:45- 3:00 PM - BREAK
3:00 - 4:00 PM - LTC Peter Strube, DNAP, CRNA, APNP, ARNP Director, Region 3
1. The listener will be able to list and provide the best options for post-surgical extubation of the COVID positive patient.
2. The listener will be able to list and identify evidence based pharmaceutical interventions to decrease coughing on extubation.
4:00 - 5:00 PM - Ralph Kohl, BA Senior Director, Federal Governmental Affairs AANA DC Office
CRNA Advocacy/ Federal Update
1. Learner will gain a better understanding of the effects of Federal legislative and regulatory activity .
2. Learner will gain in depth knowledge of current the current political landscape and how it can impact practice.
3. Learner will gain an understanding of current legislative proposals and AANAs priorities .
4. Learner will gain in depth knowledge about the AANAs Federal Government Affairs team and their role in advocating for the
profession in Washington.
5. Learner will understand the importance of CRNA involvement in coordinated advocacy .
6. Learner will understand the challenges and opportunities facing the profession.
With your registration KANA is offering the Sunday ACLS or PALS course for free! This is a one time offer due to the virtual event and as a way to give back to our members for KANAs 80th Anniversary. If you would like to take advantage of this offer please make sure on the registration form to click the Saturday and Sunday option. You will have needed to take BCLS before ACLS or PALS. You can do so for $40 on Sunday if you need.
ACLS and PALS will be offered in-person in Wichita, not online, with social distancing precautions.
Please email email@example.com for more info.
Member registration $200
Non member registration $250
Retired - $50
Students - Free
Saturday approved for 8 AANA Class A CEs
Sunday approved for 5 AANA Class A CEs total.